Sunday, April 21, 2013

Jump Start Menu Plan from the Beginning of my Weight Loss Journey

*Disclaimer*
Consumers who use Herbalife® Formula 1 twice per 
day as part of a healthy lifestyle can generally expect to 
lose around 0.5 to 1 pound per week. Participants in 
a 12-week single-blind study used Formula 1 twice per 
day (once as a meal and once as a snack) with a reduced 
calorie diet and a goal of 30 minutes of exercise per 
day. Participants followed either a high protein diet or 
a standard protein diet. Participants in both groups lost 
about 8.5 pounds. 


UPDATES:
I have changed my Instagram to @FitClubUnited
where you may follow my weight loss journey.
*Disclaimer*
Consumers who use Herbalife® Formula 1 twice per 
day as part of a healthy lifestyle can generally expect to 
lose around 0.5 to 1 pound per week. Participants in 
a 12-week single-blind study used Formula 1 twice per 
day (once as a meal and once as a snack) with a reduced 
calorie diet and a goal of 30 minutes of exercise per 
day. Participants followed either a high protein diet or 
a standard protein diet. Participants in both groups lost 
about 8.5 pounds. 


(Current progress photo update above, as of April 2014)

Many of you have asked for my story of how I've lost weight fast and how I'm currently still loosing weight on "this diet?"  Well first of all, it's not a "diet," it's a change in lifestyle.  As a graphic designer with constant projects night after night sitting on the computer + mom of 2 little ones, life became a challenge for me since I simply didn't have time for myself anymore.  I would barely sleep and skipped meals throughout the day because of all the stress and opted to eat as I went.  In a matter of months, without a doubt of realization It wasn't until i visited my sister whom lives out-of-state to ask me, "Val, what happened to you?!?!"  It wasn't until that moment that I truly realized I had to change....not change myself only, but change my family's lifestyle as well.  I learned that I needed to plan my meals ahead of time and turned to Weight Watcher's where I learned to count my points and bought a bunch of healthy eating cookbooks in order to turn my fridge around from having just "food" to colorful fruits & veggies.  I have made alterations that have made a big difference in my weight loss.  Simple habits like not using regular oils to cook but rather sauté my veggies, egg whites, and meats with a teaspoon of coconut oil or cooking spray and season with a pinch of sea-salt or no-salt substitutions like Mrs. Dash, fresh green onions, garlic, Italian herbs, and much more.  See below a list of healthy seasonings and condiments.


Clean out the Fridge & Pantry and starting Filling it with these Healthy Options:




How does Herbalife Shakes work with all this?  

Not everyone has the luxury of time to cook a healthy home cooked meal 3 times a day, especially me!  Therefore, instead of skipping breakfast, I chose to bring in Herbalife Shakes into my meals as a meal replacement 2 times a day for a jump start in my weight loss in order to get myself motivated.  Everyone needs a big boost in the beginning in order to motivate themselves to keep going and feel that they can do it.  These shakes when I first started my weight loss journey were a great option since it was a meal replacement shake that contained up to 20 vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients.  Along with 9 grams of protein and healthy fiber that helps support weight management.

Below you may find three Meal Plan samples that work with this protein meal replacement plan, followed by categorized lists of fruits, veggies, grains, protein meals, and protein snacks along with their according portion size (be strict with your portion size and DO NOT EXCEED IT).  I personally started with meal plan B and slowly progressed to meal plan A; however, everyone's plan is different and your wellness coach can help you with this. 




All this information below is what has helped me personally to follow my own plan; however, it is important you contact your wellness coach so that they can help you accordingly to your goals.

EXTRA NOTE TO EACH DIET ABOVE:
(The below will promote energy boost + smooth digestion) 
HOT TEA: With each meal, I make sure to drink a cup of Herbalife Raspberry Concentrate Tea (1/2 teaspoon) in water with Aloe Concentrate in Mango Flavor (1-2 capfuls). 
(OR)
ICED TEA: Prepare 1/2 Gallon Jug of water (equals 8 glasses of water) for the day and add 1 tablespoon of Herbalife Raspberry Tea Concentrate + 3-4 capfuls of Aloe Concentrate in Mango flavor and let it chill to drink it as Iced Tea throughout the day.

*My husband and I prefer the *Iced Tea* method in a 1/2 gallon jug everyday chilled, since it's so refreshing to drink throughout the day when on the run or at work (I even take mine to the gym to stay hydrated between workouts)!


IS WINE OK DURING WEIGHT LOSS?
Yes, the occasional 1 cup of wine each day is okay to add to your diet (just do not exceed your 1 cup portion size, the less the better, since wine is very high in calories especially when you are seeking to loose weight).  


*Wine Facts* 
Five ounces white or red wine = approximately 120 calories.  
Drink a bottle of wine (4 glasses), and you’ll be consuming about 480 calories 
(that’s the equivalent of two 20-ounce Cokes!).


MENU FOOD PLANNING, PORTION SIZES, & CALORIES



BOOST WEIGHT LOSS WITH THESE TIPS:
• Exercise at least 3x a week for 30 mins (cardio, walk, or do Insanity video's from your home).  I enjoy either of the following 3 times a week: cardio, pilates, and sauna. 

• Watch your portion sizes and stick to the attached guides and measurements listed above.

• Make sure to eat 3 hours before going to sleep!  Do not eat anything before you go to sleep if you are hungry drink water + Herbalife aloe (infuse some natural fruit slices for a sweet and natural refreshing taste) to keep you full and fulfill any sweet temptations that you may get.

• As for quick meals or to learn how to cook clean, I signed up to emeals.com where I receive "eat clean" recipes that are sent via email each week that are simple and delicious to make. 


• Don't skip your meals and snacks so that your metabolism can keep working throughout the day!  Herbalife makes it easy for you to take your shakes, meal bars, and snacks when your on the go.  Otherwise, if you have time the night before, meal prep before hand your food for the next day; this is very important! 





HOW I PREPARE MY SHAKES

Well balanced Herbalife Shake
• 1 cup of original almond milk, nonfat milk, or water
• Formula 1 Meal Replacement, available in a variety of flavors (2 scoops)
• Personalized Protein Powder (1 scoop)
• Prolessa Duo (1 scoop) - optional for fat burn
[Add the *Prolessa Duo* last to the mix, after 5 seconds of mixing everything else]

Your serving of fruit can be added to the shake and you may get creative as long as you
do not exceed in your portion size or exceed your max calories.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Diet Plan above was what worked for me personally to jump start my weight loss.

 However, I am still working towards reaching my weight loss goals.  I strongly believe that eating healthy and incorporating veggies and fruits, in the proper portions along with the combination of exercise and a strong mind set you can achieve this success.

If you are looking to loose weight, stay positive....it's a lifestyle change not only for your body but your mind as well. <3